Kids Summer SUP Programs
This summer children ages 9-15 are welcome to join Surfari on the water in our new Kids Summer SUP Program. As everyone knows during the summer, “Life is better on the water!” In the program, kids will be given the opportunity to explore and experience a new world on the water via stand up paddling. Activities will include stand up paddle boarding, swimming, treasure hunting, games, eco-awareness, water safety, races, contests, and much more. Every day will be a new adventure determined by the wind, tides and our imagination.
The Surfari experience focuses on all aspects of stand up paddling and ocean awareness and is designed to teach the novice or build on the skills of the more seasoned paddler. Not only will you gain confidence in paddling technique and new SUP disciplines but also learn about ocean safety, boating rules of the road, meteorology, care of equipment, and much more. Kids are able to access all the different styles and sizes of stand up boards from our large fleet to help them grow as paddlers as they develop their skills.
Our instructors are chosen for their passion for paddling and surfing as well as their enthusiasm for teaching others. During camp they will be led by Christian del Rosario who has been teaching surfing for eighteen years and teaching stand up paddling for ten years. All instructors are certified in CPR/first aid.
The Kids Summer SUP Program runs two days a week on Monday and Wednesday from 9:30am to 12:30pm. While we do have a gallon of the best waterproof sunblock from Waterman’s Applied Science and love to face paint with Zinka we do suggest that kids bring their own block along with a few other things…
Things to Wear
- Wetsuit or Long Sleeve Rash Guard
- Boots or Water Shoes
- Backpackack to pack everything
- Sunglasses with Croakies
- Change of Clothes (optional)
Things to Bring
- Reﬁllable water/sports bottle (Please no packaged bottled water!)
- Snack in soft sided cooler
- Mask & Snorkel
- Zip lock bag for wet clothes
- Waterproof Camera (optional)
Pre-requisites include being comfortable in and around the water as well as being a strong swimmer.
2017 KIDS SUMMER SUP PROGRAM DATES
- Session 1 July Mon 10th & Wed 12th – 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Session 2 July Mon 17th & Wed 19th – 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Session 3 July Mon 31st & Aug Wed 2nd – 9:30am to 12:30pm
- Session 4 Aug Mon 14th & Wed 16th – 9:30 to 12:30pm
DAY CAMP REGISTRATION
Space is limited! For more information or to register for a Session, please call us at 978-704-9051 or send us an email.
- Email or call to be sure we have the session you would like to attend available.
- Download our Day Program Registration PDF to print out and complete all pages.
- Please review our Cancellation Policy.
- Mail the completed forms to Surfari, 26 Central St, Manchester, MA 01944 along with a check or credit card info for $150 of the session price. Or you can use your credit card to pay either the deposit or full amount of the camp by calling 978-704-9051. Then mail or email your registration forms.
- We will contact you to confirm your reservations when your registration forms and deposit arrived.
DOWNLOAD REGISTRATION PDF (right click and save as to download)
*To view and print the forms download and use Adobe Reader if you don’t already have it installed on your computer. Right click and save as to download the registration form to your computer. You can then print it, fill it out and either mail it or bring it in to the store. If you want to save some paper then after downloading, fill out the form in Acrobat, save it and then email it to us!
2 DAY KIDS SUP PROGRAM
Please note that our lessons are not canceled for fog, rain or a chilly day. We will only cancel if the conditions are not suitable for paddling (too windy) or because of thunderstorms. In case of cancellation we will have a make-up day Friday of the same week.
Surf camp equipment from: Dakine • FCS • Jimmy Lewis • Kialoa • Naish • Riviera • Starboard • SurfTech • Sun Bum • Torq • Waterman's • Zinka